Sedona 2015 - UTAH Meet-up

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Things to do! > Sunday night football

Roz aka SWT aka SussexWorldtraveller aka SupersonicWindTunnel

OK.  So I gotta ask ........

As you all probably know, David is obsessed by NFL.  Being in the USA on the *right* time zone to watch an evening broadcast instead of watching it a day later, recorded with a risk of knowing the result ahead of watching a game, is never the same thing.  So, is anybody wishing to join David on Sunday night - perhaps with left over pizza and some beers?

Roz - who will be anywhere else except joining in!

September 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

Football, leftover pizza and beer....the American Dream!  Sounds like a nice way to spend an evening.

September 5, 2015 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Parisi, aka MikePinTucson

Only if the pizza is straight from the fridge.  Don't like left over pizza that has been warmed over.  Count me in.

--

September 5, 2015 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

Mike Parisi, aka MikePinTucson at September 5, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Only if the pizza is straight from the fridge.  Don't like left over pizza that has been warmed over.  Count me in.

Ok, but you live in Tucson.  By the time you get the pizza from the kitchen to the TV, the cheeses is probably melting  8)

--

...glass half full.

September 5, 2015 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Axelbobo

Giggles

--

Good work aint cheap. Cheap work aint good.

September 5, 2015 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nah, Allen.  We have actual AC.  Besides, I usually have the pizza in the cooler with the beer, right next to my chair when I am watching football.

--

September 5, 2015 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powderglut

As long as it's Peyton and the Broncos. Yah Baby!!!

September 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

San Francisco vs. NY Giants is the Sunday night game.  Starts at 5:30 PM here in Arizona.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/scoreboard/?week=5&phase=2&season=2015

--

September 7, 2015 at 2:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker
I guess we are hosting a football game party at our place. Roz will be in charge.
--

Most of my best memories come from some old dirt road......Slickrockwalker

September 7, 2015 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

San Fran, that's David's team.  He'll be all over that one!

Howie, you get to watch the Manning brother with the better Superbowl record!

--

...glass half full.

September 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powderglut

Allen, aka OhioHick at September 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM

San Fran, that's David's team.  He'll be all over that one!

Howie, you get to watch the Manning brother with the better Superbowl record!

OOH!!! I sense an elbow digging into my ribs.

All I can say for Peyton, is he brought a lot of exciting offense and winning to a very mediocre team. Makes watching the "donkeys" fun for the last few years. Damn that Eli!!

September 9, 2015 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

I hadn't seen the schedule before I posted, but now that it's been confirmed that the 49ers are playing. then you can absolutely guarantee David will be watching.  And watching his team being thrashed yet again. 

Thankfully, they actually won the game he and his mate went at watched last November as the new Levi Stadium! 

Howie, don't feel bad about the Broncos!  They've been more fun to watch the last few seasons than SF, and even David might admit that any winning team or a team playing well and interestingly is better to watch than his team on a bad day.

I cannot even comment on the players, the names don't mean too much to me.

Max, no I won't be in charge or organising a thing, I'll be absolutely anywhere where I cannot hear the commentary or see a TV screen.  I do not share David's passion, and I know zilch about the rules of the game, so am bored by it all.   I'll leave it up to David and anybody else wishing to watch the game to round up a group with beers, pizza and a screen somewhere.  Not even sure where we are meeting on Sunday night, but maybe Alex has a TV den away from the group so the rest of us can continue to chat and be sociable elsewhere!  Or maybe there will be 2 separate parties, football or no football.

Roz

September 11, 2015 at 6:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

I have 4 TVs in the house. The ones in the living room and den are 40". Not huge screens by modern standards but good HD images. David and others are welcome to watch here.

We don't know what size TVs they'll have at Max' coop or the OH/PG houses. They might be bigger. We had left the location for Sunday night supper open, pending discovery of space available. 

--

RedRox

Worrying is like paying interest on a debt you might never owe

September 11, 2015 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lol, Alex!  Only a guy would need to think size matters when describing his own TV screens!  Those stats mean nothing to me, but I'm sure that the TV screens are larger than anything we have here in the UK, US TVs are always bigger!

Roz

September 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Roz, I just returned from Denver where I visited our sons and their families. Barry is in the business of installing big TVs in bars and restaurants. Between the 2 boys, among the TVs in their homes are at least 5 sets that are bigger than 60". For reference, those screens are bigger than you. 

--

RedRox

Worrying is like paying interest on a debt you might never owe

September 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

Those screens are bigger than you are!   That's funny!    Laughing with you, Roz, not at you.

Lynn and I were at Best Buy this afternoon.  Saw a 70" HDTV with a curved screen.  The thickness of the panel was about a quarter inch.  They only wanted 7 grand for it.  It is still at Best Buy.  :P

--

...glass half full.

September 12, 2015 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donna Mulford aka...SJG

What do you mean it's still at Best Buy??? LOL...that's why I go to our son and DIL's....they have a nice big one that I can watch and it's also bigger then me :D

--

...."I'm not lost...I've seen that cairn before"....

September 12, 2015 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Noel
I'd say it wouldn't fit in the Ford so OH is awaiting delivery.
--

"Australians are the nicest people but you can only ever understand half of what they are actually saying."

September 12, 2015 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

That's not it.  I think with the back seats folded down it would fit in the Edge, or with the cover folded up it would be no issue for the F-150 and worst case I could barrow a hay wagon and pull it home with the Ford 2000.   No, the issue here is that cheap engineers just won't pay that much for a TV.  :D

September 13, 2015 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Most things seem to be bigger than me, so that's hardly a boast, lol!!!

:/

September 13, 2015 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.