Sedona 2015 - UTAH Meet-up

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Things to do! > Duckies Anyone?

Alex

We just enjoyed a brief visit with Max. We talked about the dozens of hikes on the menu and the fact that there will be plenty of options for us to present each day. But some of the activities will require an advance commitment and reservations. Canyoneering is one. I'm going to let Danny do some work on that since he's most interested, most experienced and knows more about the possible trip from our base here in Sedona. Expect to hear from him soon. 

The river duckie trip is another biggie. According to the doodle poll I'm seeing 22 posters showing an interest. So based on that enthusiasm I contacted Sedona Adventure Tours today and booked a date. It will be Friday October 9th. I reserved the 10AM launch time and advised the agent at SAT that we have a potential of around 20 participants. Needless to say, they are thrilled to have our group on board. After conferring with the company owner she was able to promise us a 20% discount off the $87.55 plus tax and tip fee. For a group our size they do add in a 15% gratuity. Bottom line is that our net cost per person will be about $91 including tax and tip. 

So now it's time to reply with a big yes. When you do, I'll forward the PDF forms for deposit payments and waivers to each of you. 

I'll also be posting a general schedule for the 5 days from Wed-Sun. But basically I've tried to put together a list by area in relation to our bases mostly in Village of Oakcreek. We'd will be mostly local as we'll all be arriving. Thursday will be Oak Creek Canyon with a big focus on West Fork. Friday will be duckies and maybe Canyoneering (though that's up to Danny right now) and Ruins sites nearby like Montezuma, V-Bar-V, Sacred Mtn, Fort Verde etc. Saturday will be West Sedona including Boynton Canyon, Long Canyon, Devils Bridge, lots of ruins and more. Sunday will be a chance to catch places some might have missed and perhaps a road trip to Cottonwood, Jerome and even Prescott. 

So let's hear it from all of your river people. Here's the link to the SAT duckie trip summary. http://www.sedonaadventuretours.com/river-trips/verde-river-guided-tour/

Reply in this thread. 

--

RedRox

Worrying is like paying interest on a debt you might never owe

July 15, 2015 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Parisi, aka MikePinTucson

YES, I'm in.  But not Irma.

--

July 15, 2015 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Great! I'll send you the info from SAT to review.

--

RedRox

July 15, 2015 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Mike I sent you a PM at this website and also an email. Open both. They are different

--

RedRox

July 15, 2015 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Parisi, aka MikePinTucson

I went to the PM website, filled out and signed the form.  Thanks.

--

July 15, 2015 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker

I'm in too. 

--

Most of my best memories come from some old dirt road......Slickrockwalker

July 16, 2015 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sent you the sign up PDF

--

RedRox

July 16, 2015 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sent you the sign up PDF

--

RedRox

July 16, 2015 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Axelbobo

Im in as well.

--

Good work aint cheap. Cheap work aint good.

July 16, 2015 at 5:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Axelbobo

google Crib Goch in Wales, and i've got that planned in August.

Actually doing some duckies (they call it that here too) on the same trip  with my boys for the first time, so will be well up to speed by Sedona.

--

July 16, 2015 at 6:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Axelbobo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PSLqvoUU4

How does this compre with A.L?

--

July 16, 2015 at 6:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Roz aka SWT aka SussexWorldtraveller aka SupersonicWindTunnel

Will need to get back to you, Alex, on this one after speaking to David, but we are a strong likely yes as you know we are both usually up for anything that involves water fun.

I have yet to open the link, so need to find out if there's a back up boat to the duckies.  My on going back issue seems to be returning to bite me rather more often this year that of recent, and those duckies - it's the poor sitting angle - are murder on a back, so may need a bail out option available, too.

Roz

July 16, 2015 at 6:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker

Roz, as I am reading the link there doesn't appear to be a back up raft situtation for the Duckie trip. 

--

July 16, 2015 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Roz aka SWT aka SussexWorldtraveller aka SupersonicWindTunnel

Max - I've now read the link and tried to look all over the website, and it does seem to be duckies or nothing!  However, it does seem to be a rather shallower and easier river than the Green River, so perhaps if my back decides it doesn't take to duckies, I can sit on a river bank and rest it for a bit, before jumping back onto one.

I can't do with worrying about something that may or may not happen, and we're both wishing a water trip that really is a water trip - unlike canyoneering that turns out to be a water trip, lol - so I think at this stage, for Alex's head count benefit, lets say that it's a yes from myself and David. 

And anybody with a waterproof GoPro will get the luxury of hours of footage of me going round and round in circles rathen than downstream!

Roz

July 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker

Roz, I'll be right there with you going round and round.   Took my grand daughter and girlfriend rafting and it was only the 3 of us and the guide.  They all jumped out and the guide said just keep the raft straight on.  Oh no it was round and round in circles I went.

--

July 16, 2015 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker

Alex, Bethany says yes to the duckies for sure, but she is busy with work will try and sign up asap. 

--

July 16, 2015 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Axelbobo, sent you the reservation link. Sending one to Bethany and Roz now too. All sent by private message at this site. Please let me know that you've received and completed same.

--

RedRox

July 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Axelbobo, the Crib Goch looks reminiscent of the Knife Edge on Katahdin in Maine at the start of the Appalachian Trail. I'm too old for that stuff anymore. 

--

RedRox

July 16, 2015 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powderglut

We're in.

July 17, 2015 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

esty

no duckie trip for us

--

When the going gets rough, the  tough get tougher - courage is being shit scared and saddling up anyway.

July 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.