Sedona 2015 - UTAH Meet-up

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Things to do! > Order of what I (you) want to do

Max aka Slickrockwalker

Even tho I edited my doodle poll I'm going to post here what I really want to do and in what order.

Max:

1. hikes to rock art and ruins

2. Duckie or tubing the Verde river

3 Shopping Jerome and Sedona

4 Watson Lake

Rick:

1. Any hiking to ruins and rock art

2  Watson Lake

3. More hiking to ruins and rock art.

4. More hiking

--

Most of my best memories come from some old dirt road......Slickrockwalker

July 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Max, that is a manageable list.

--

RedRox

Worrying is like paying interest on a debt you might never owe

July 2, 2015 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Axelbobo

Threads have got a little confusing for me so i will copy SRW as above.

Thursday - seems to be set in stone for West Fork Oak Creek. This works perfect for me as i will leave early from G.C and get to the trailhead for around 8am ish. Will go with the flow after.

Friday - happy to go with the Verde River duckies. Never done kayaking/river stuff so seems like good fun. I will probably spend some time exploring some trails/sight seeing in Sedona in the PM

Saturday - open to anything but ruins and rock art probably are out. Either a good long hike, off road adventure, (dare i say) canyoning. Either way i plan on renting a MTB or road bike at some stage and even if not trail riding (although happy to accept options) i'd be happy just to merrily ride around town and stop wherevever i feel the need.

Sunday - my outward day. Plan to leave by 3pm latest to catch some cactus en-route to (yet undecided) Wickenburg or Surprise. So have best part of the day so happy do do anything or catch up on Sedona sights like a typical tourist.

Generally, anything to do with breweries or wine is a yes. I plan to fit in a PJ tour somehow. Need to squeeze in some iconic hikes/sights of Sedona somehow.

--

Good work aint cheap. Cheap work aint good.

July 3, 2015 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Thanks Axelbobo. 

The hiking options, long or short will most likely include some ruins or rock art. There's just so many of them around Sedona, it's hard to go anywhere in the wilderness without running into some evidence of the ancients. 

One of my friends here in Sedona posts at TA as SedonaMTB. She is an expert biker and former pro guide. If you'd like to do a trail ride on Saturday, I expect she'd be glad to lead you or a group if anyone else cares to go. 

The Oak Creek Brewery is a popular spot in West Sedona. Plenty of brews to sample. However, as you've probably surmised, there will plenty of libations at the evening get togethers. These gatherings are the highlight of the meet ups as they afford us all a chance to relax and interact in a group environment. We've learned through the years that having a house or two for these functions is much easier and always more cost effective than bars and restaurants.  

--

RedRox

July 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

OK, Lynn, Lisa and I are not canyoneering. The duckie trip is also sort of doubtful for us as well, but I might jump in if you need to fill the trip. For the most part, we'll be interested in hiking.  We will be staying the week following the meet-up so we will have time to do activities that the group may not get to.

--

...glass half full.

July 6, 2015 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Beth

I'll know later this week if I'll be recovering from knee surgery or not.  I've updated my doodle poodle.

--

July 13, 2015 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Parisi, aka MikePinTucson

For me,

West Fork, fur sure

Other not-too-difficult hikes

Verde River

Lake

Wine tasting, anyone?

--

July 13, 2015 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shewie

I'm all about hiking to rock art and ruins but am up for anything as long as my feet are pretty close the ground. 

Really looking forward to the trip!!

July 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shewie

Wait, I forgot to add shopping.  :)

July 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alison, aka lvziggy

Since it's starting to sound like canyoneering is not going to happen, I would love to join you Axelbobo for a good day of mountain biking.  I might even try the duckies this time.  

July 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Shewie there will be hiking options everyday that will include ruins and or rock art. 

Ziggy and Axelbobo, there's no shortage of bike trails and rides in the VOC area. If you guys are interested and can decide on a day, I can probably get DE SedonaMTB to join you. She's a former pro guide and accomplished cyclist and has told me she wants to be involved. 

Look for my general schedule post in the next few hours and then try to pick a day that can work for you both, and anyone else who might want to join in. 

--

RedRox

July 15, 2015 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Axelbobo

Alison, aka lvziggy at July 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Since it's starting to sound like canyoneering is not going to happen, I would love to join you Axelbobo for a good day of mountain biking.  I might even try the duckies this time.  

Sounds good to me.

--

Good work aint cheap. Cheap work aint good.

July 16, 2015 at 5:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.