Sedona 2015 - UTAH Meet-up

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Things to do! > Possibilities

Alex

As noted in the Plan, Esty and I have begun to put together a list of possible hikes and activities. Rick and Max are arriving tomorrow here at Casa RedRox for a 3 day weekend. We'll be doing some hikes and exploring so they can be oriented. By Monday I will post a list based on what RDD SRW, Esty, MRP and I have discussed. Then Allen can begin to put together a doodle poll. 

I know it's early, but never too early to begin planning and dreaming with this crowd. Many of you have been to Sedona before. If there is something that you did, or still want to do, post a reply here and we'll add it to the list. 

--

RedRox

Worrying is like paying interest on a debt you might never owe

October 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Noel

Last time we were there we did miss out on visiting the Oak Creek Tap Room & Brewery.

October 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Excellent suggestion! A great late afternoon stop for brews and Simon's Hot Dogs

--

RedRox

October 15, 2014 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker

I also contacted a Canyoneering Co. Garrett the owner called me back and we had a preliminary discussion.

October 15, 2014 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

Good deal.  Never too early to start planning.  I'm on board for a visit to the brewery!

Lynn and I have been to Sedona several times, but just never seem to get out on the hiiking trails.  We've explored the State Parks, but we want to make some of of the other great hikes in the area.  I'll be interested to see what Alex and company come up with.

Other ideas?  Star gazing?  Balloon ride?

--

...glass half full.

October 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PixieC

OOH a balloon ride? Great idea!

I've been looking at possible rentals through airbnb, and have some noted. There is only a couple right in Sedona, some are as far away as Lake Montezuma and Munds Park. But all are nice, and all are under $300 per night, sleeping 6. 

October 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Pixie, there are many more listings at VRBO for Sedona and closer. Most are in that price range. There are also motel options for as low as $50 per night

--

RedRox

October 16, 2014 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen, aka OhioHick
Site Owner

Pixie - checkout the map I posted on the photo page with VRBO options in the Village of Oak Creek (very near Casa RedRox). Lots of options there, but I did not look at all of them for cost and availability.

October 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Danny S

A motel in Sedona for $ 50.00 per night?

October 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

http://sedonavillagelodge.com

Less than 2 miles from my house

--

RedRox

October 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker
Donna found us a great house in the Sedona Golf Resort. 4 bedrooms 3 baths. Donna, Oscar, Paula, Clark, Ann & Rick & me. I got to see it this weekend while visiting Alex and Frankie.
October 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PNJM

Laugh if you will but is anyone interested in doing any kind of spiritual stuff like meditating on the rocks, getting pictures taken of your auras, etc.?

--

October 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

T, there is an abundance of purveyors of those services in Sedona. Many are scams IMO, however, thre are also severl bona fide spiritual and intuitive guides and counselors. Most work best in a one on one environment, but can be flexible depending on the personalities and relationships involved.

One such genuine counselor is my friend Robin Amanda Kelly. You can find her on my FB friend list and she has a link on her page to her website. She lives nearby and her office is at Bell Rock Plaza.

Feel free to contact her, or if you'd like me to introduce you, I can do that too.

Bell Rock is a well known vortex site. Rick was careful not to step on it this weekend. He was certain that his hair would stand up and his pants would fall down

--

RedRox

October 19, 2014 at 2:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PNJM

I got the link to her website.  Thanks!

--

October 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

powderglut

Deb and I are up for a canyoneering day. A river type float trip (w/duckies) we hope. Oak Cr canyon hike perhaps. Maybe a Rick expedition to an ancient site.  We'll wait to see what you Sedona experts come up with.

October 20, 2014 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Working on all of those Howie. You're gonna love this

--

RedRox

October 20, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Danny S

Alex, thanks for the info on Sedona Village Lodge.

October 20, 2014 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Danny, if you want to stay there you need to book ASAP. Max told me that she checked with Desert Quail, Bell Rock Inn and Wildflower Inn, all in VOC and all were booked up for our dates next year. Views Inn is a popular place and Days Inn Kokopelli is next door. These places are all on 179 in VOC, convenient to the houses we've tied up already.

You can always cancel a reservation if you have to, but the longer you wait to book one, the fewer choices you'll find.

--

RedRox

October 20, 2014 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kbec

Can I add golfing?  If Russ comes I'm sure that is one activity he would want to do.  

October 24, 2014 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Max aka Slickrockwalker

How about Horseback rididng?

October 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.